Wolfville Memorial Library
Branch Manager: Alice Green
21 Elm Avenue
Wolfville, Nova Scotia
B4P 2A1 Canada
Located at 21 Elm Avenue, this lovely library is a centre for community activity. It houses a good selection of books, DVDs, audiobooks on CD, magazines and much more for all ages. The collection is refreshed on a regular basis so there is always something new to the shelves. Public Internet access is available with free WiFi available 24/7.
The Innovation Lab is located upstairs in the Charlotte Coombs Haley Community Room, please call the library for bookings.
Documents regarding the Wolfville Library Project:
- When not in use for library activities, and during hours when library staff are on-site, the room may be booked for non-profit or commercial meetings, classes, educational and cultural purposes.
- The room may not be booked for private parties, gatherings, or other such functions.
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Groups are not permitted to charge an admission fee or to sell for profit.
- During times when the library is staffed, and when not in use for library activities, the room may be booked during the following periods: Tuesday through Thursday, 10-8; Friday and Saturday 10-5; Sunday 1-5
- Bookings can be made in person or over the phone and must be paid in advance of the meeting date. For non-profit groups, the charge is $15 (includes GST) for each period booked. For commercial groups, the charge is $25 (includes GST) for each period booked. Cash or cheques made payable to Town of Wolfville are accepted.
- A large digital display and laptop, as well as a digital projector, is available at no charge.
- The arrangement of tables and chairs and use of the kitchenette will be the responsibility of the rental group. These must be returned to the original layout before the group leaves.
- The library is not responsible for any loss or damage to articles brought onto the premises by the group.
- Permission to use the room, and any additional procedures, are at the discretion of the Branch Manager.
- When announcing your meeting, please refer to the location as the Charlotte Coombs Haley Community Room at the Wolfville Memorial Library.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Credit (to be used within 6 months) will be given if cancellation is necessary due to weather conditions or if 48 hours’ notice is given to the library.
The Wolfville Memorial Library Innovation Lab (formerly known as The Cap Lab) is located upstairs in the Charlotte Coombs Haley Community Room. We have computers available for use by the public. Each computer is connected to the Internet, a scanner, and a printer.
In addition, our lab is fully equipped for meetings and business presentations (but is currently unavailable for bookings – due to COVID-19). We have a smart digital board, digital projector, TV, webconferencing (Skype), a copier, tables, chairs, AC, kitchen facilities, and a big parking lot.
Our Vive Virtual Reality system is currently unavailable for bookings due to COVID-19.
Media Makery Lab – Our audio/video recording and graphic design studio!
Equipment for media creation (PDF)
The Wolfville Memorial Library Innovation Lab is for anyone who is interested in learning or updating their computer, internet, and/or digital media creation skills. We offer individual tutorials and group sessions in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
Like and follow our Facebook page.
Send inquiries to email@example.com
If you have taken one of our free Tech Help Tutorials, please fill out this anonymous survey.
You can find the schedule here.
Are you handy with computers or audio/visual hardware and software? Are you the person that gets called upon when something goes wrong with the internet, the TV or even the dishwasher? Would you like to gain some work experience or maybe work on your people skills? Help yourself while helping others. Volunteering at the Innovation Lab lets you share your skills while building your resume.
We would like to find people who would be willing to donate 6-8 hours each month, supervising the lab and helping patrons when necessary. We are also looking for people with skills they would like to share providing tutorials or workshops.
Please email or call us if you are interested.
Browse our Photo Gallery
Hours This Week
|Sunday||1 PM - 5 PM|
|Tuesday||10 AM - 8 PM|
|Wednesday||10 AM - 8 PM|
|Thursday||10 AM - 8 PM|
|Friday||10 AM - 5 PM|
|Saturday||10 AM - 5 PM|
Please contact library staff to register for a personalized, 1-on-1 tech help session in person...
Please contact library staff to register for a personalized, 1-on-1 tech help session in...
Each week we will sing songs, share books, and have fun!
For ages 3-5 years,...
Don't have a sewing machine or serger of your own? Want to learn how...