Rosa M. Harvey Middleton & Area Library
Branch Supervisor: Elizabeth Llewellyn
45 Gates Avenue, PO Box 667
Middleton, Nova Scotia
B0S 1P0 Canada
The Middleton branch is located at 45 Gates Avenue. It was built with the help of Middleton’s Friends of the Library group. Enjoy a fine selection of books for all ages, DVDs, audiobooks, magazines, online services, and much more. There is always something new to discover on our shelves! Free WiFi is available 24/7.
Room Rental at the Rosa M. Harvey Middleton & Area Library
1. When not in use for library activities, and when the library is open to the public, the room may be booked for non-profit or commercial meetings, classes, educational and cultural purposes.
Limit of 15 persons.
2. The room may not be booked for private parties, gatherings, or other such functions. No fees may be charged by the renters.
3. Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
4. Groups are not permitted to charge an admission fee or to sell for profit.
5. The room is available Tuesday-Saturday (when not being used for library-related services or programs) and may be booked for time periods within 10:30a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Bookings should be made in person to library staff and paid in advance of the meeting date. Cash or cheques, made payable to the Friends of the Middleton & Area Library, are accepted.
6. For non-profit groups the charge is $15 (includes GST) for each time period. For commercial groups the charge is $25 (includes GST) for each time period. All funds received will be used exclusively for costs related to the library.
7. A digital screen is available at no charge. Any equipment should be reserved at time of booking. (MAC users should have the correct converter if they don’t have a VGA port.)
8. The arrangement of tables and chairs will be the responsibility of the rental group. These must be returned to the original layout before the group leaves.
9. The library is not responsible for any loss or damage to articles brought onto the premises by the group.
10. Permission to use the room, and any additional procedures, are at the discretion of the
11. When announcing your meeting place please refer to the location as Rosa M. Harvey Middleton & Area Library.
12. CANCELLATION POLICY: Credit (to be used within 6 months) will be given when (a)
weather prevents the meeting or (b) 48 hours notice is given to the library.
Rosa M. Harvey Middleton & Area Friends of the Library Society
Contact: Jill Cox
1361 Mt. Hanley Rd, RR #1
“Friends of the Library” are formally organized volunteer groups of individuals with a common interest in helping and supporting the library. Activities of the Friends must be in accordance with the goals and policies of the Library Board.
Browse our Photo Gallery
Hours This Week
|Tuesday||10 AM - 5 PM|
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
|Wednesday||10 AM - 5 PM|
|Thursday||10 AM - 5 PM|
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
|Friday||10 AM - 5 PM|
|Saturday||10 AM - 5 PM|