Suggest a Program
The Library focuses on programming that is literacy or literature based, or that supports or highlights the library’s services or collections.
Priority is also given to programming involving the areas of arts, culture and science. In addition, the library also hosts entertainment and community education programs.
Please provide the following information. Your proposal will be reviewed and you will be contacted if the program meets the guidelines and fits into our budget and needs.
- Parents/guardians are welcome to attend all children’s programming.
- All staff and volunteers upon hiring or appointment to positions that include conducting programs are required to undergo a Criminal Records Check and a Child Abuse Records Check.
- Due to limitiations in staffing, and in order to ensure maximum benefit to program participants, phones will not be answered when programs are in session unless it is during library open hours.
- Every effort will be made to provide programs for all ages free of charge. However, if a program involves hiring a guest speaker or performer or requires special licensing fees (for example Public Performance Right), and no sponsorship has been secured, the library reserves the right to charge a nominal fee for cost recovery. These events will be advertised as “Special Events” to distinguish between our core programs and activities. Core activities of the library will remain free of charge. In order to ensure that these “special programs” are not cost prohibitive, a small fee may be charged to offset extra costs incurred by these “special programs”. Any such fees will always be indicated in the promotional material for the program.
- If programs take place during times when the library is otherwise closed, full library services will not be available. For information or to offer suggestions or comments on our programming please call 902-665-2995 or 1-866-922-0229 (toll free) or your local library; or use our contact us form.
- If you would like to present a program, please complete this Presenter Form.