Our Be Fit Kits are designed to help build physical literacy skills. Our Original kits contain books, balls, scarves, frisbees, and more. Our new kits are a little smaller, and thematic, with each kit focusing on one skill or activity.
Each kit may be checked out for 3 weeks. All you need is your valid AVRL library card! Place a hold HERE for the original kit.
We’ve collected some Physical Literacy resources here for you to explore. Click on the resources below.
Active for Life (website)
Canadian Sport for Life (website)
Active Ways to Play (PDF link)
- Can I use the kits outside? Sure! But if they get dirty, we’d appreciate it if you wipe them down and dry them off before putting them back in the kit.
- Can I keep the kit for longer than 3 weeks? If there are no holds on the kit, you may renew it for another 3 weeks, just like our books.
- What if I lose or damage a piece of the kit? We’ll work with you. Individual pieces may be replaced. You won’t be charged for the whole kit if just one piece goes missing.
- Can I use the kit for my daycare or school event? Of course! Just place a hold and have the kit sent to the branch nearest you.
- What’s in the kit? We now have new kits. Each one is a different theme. Look at each kit for description of what you’ll find inside. Look for Dance, Parachute, Run, Throw, and Yoga.
- How do I get all that stuff back in the bag? For the Original kits, we’ve come up with some tips for packing the bags. In the FRONT pouch, put the nerf discs, skipping ropes, stretch chickens, and scarves. In the SIDE pouch, put the star spots. In the MAIN area, put the books on the bottom, then the bean bags, rainbow markers, balls, and foam dice.