- The public on-line catalogue is available on each public terminal. For your convenience, the Reference Express terminal offers walk-in access.
- Public access terminals are available by reservation for ½ or 1 hour time slots. After that time, if no one else has a reserved time, you may sign up again. Reservations, up to three library days in advance, are accepted by phone or in person. No single user can reserve more than 1 hour in a 24 hour period. Anyone who is more than 10 minutes late for a reserved time may lose his/her entire reserved time.
- You may not use your own software programs on the library computer. This will help prevent computer viruses.
- Misuse of computers or software is unacceptable.
- No more than 2 people are permitted at the computer work station at one time.
- The software available on the work stations is varied. While staff is trained in the use of library-related databases and some other software products, they may not be familiar with all products. Staff will offer assistance whenever possible.
- Are you using the Internet? Please read the Internet Code of Ethics posted near each computer.
- Printing will be charged at twenty cents per sheet for black and white copies.
- To protect our computers, all library machines have virus-protection software. If you download programs/files from the Internet , it is advisable to check for viruses before using them on your computer. The library cannot guarantee they will be virus-free.
In support of intellectual freedom, the Annapolis Valley Regional Library does not monitor and has no control over information accessed through the Internet. It is the user’s or their guardian’s responsibility.